- Season-to-date snowfall is more than 50 percent above the mountain’s average
- 13 inches of fresh powder reported in the previous 24 hours this morning; more than four feet in the last week
- this is the fourth best season-to-date snowfall in Vail’s history,
- snowfall this season to date is at more than 50 percent or nearly eight feet above Vail’s average at the top of the mountain, dating back as far as records exist to the 1963-1964 season, the second season Vail was open; and
- compared to the 2009-2010 season, Vail’s total snowfall is more than double what it was at this time last year at mid-mountain.
Learn a Snowsport Month: Three-Day Ski and Snowboard Lesson Package
Buy three consecutive days of adult group lessons for the price of two. Available to skiers and snowboarders of all abilities and levels. $270 per person (lesson only) $465 per person (lesson and lift tickets). For reservations, please call (970) SKI-VAIL or visit www.vail.com.
Vail’s Ski FREE Stay FREE is BACK!
Vail’s popular Ski Free Stay Free packages are back for the 2010-2011 season. Book now and you’ll be rewarded with an extra room night and day of skiing or snowboarding! Packages start at just $150 per person, per night.
To book your Vail vacation today, call (800) 404-3535. For more information about Vail Mountain, including opening day, terrain updates, snow reports, events and lodging and vacation values, visit www.vail.com or contact the Mountain Activities & Information Center at (970) SKI-VAIL (754-8245).
MEDIA NOTE: For broadcast-quality video footage and photos, visit: http://public.me.com/vail.resorts and navigate to the “Vail Mountain” folder for recent photos and b-roll. Please credit the photographer listed and Vail Resorts.
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone mountain resorts in Colorado, Heavenly Mountain Resort in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada, and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyo. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties across the United States and the Caribbean. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and the consumer website is www.snow.com.