Skiers and snowboarders are cheering at the news today that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow which means (we hope) a longer winter. Today, Vail Resorts announced Vail had its snowiest January in recent history (in the past eight years), which follows a December snowfall record at Vail (best snowfall in the past eight years).
So far this season, Vail, Beaver Creek and Breckenridge are all reporting above average snowfall with Vail reporting 261 total inches and Beaver Creek tallying 236 inches year-to-date.
Here are a few news items and deals:
What’s New and Cool
- New High-tech Kids Lodge at Beaver Creek, The Ranch, debuted this year and features a high-tech, touch-screen food ordering system, plus a custom design just for kids.
- People’s Choice Winner = Breckenridge. SKI Magazine recently named Breckenridge as the People’s Choice Winner in the February issue.
- Beaver Creek's new RockResort, The Osprey, takes flight. The Osprey re-launched after a $7 million transformation with a mountain chic design, a scrumptious, fun tapas-style menu, plus a Wii entertainment system, helmet cams to rent and more high-tech upgrades.
- New non-ski activities. Zip line. Star gazing and more. Check out the newest and coolest non-ski activities like Heavenly’s year-round zip line, Keystone’s star gazing program and more.
- Appetite for Life Day. This Valentine’s Day do something for your sweetheart and for your own heart – learn about how to cook and eat better at all of Vail’s on-mountain restaurants. Enjoy an organic or natural snack on the mountain.
- Summer programs like Hike-cology, volunteer vacations and more.
Deals to LOVE for Valentine’s Day and February:
- Romantic snow picnic at Heavenly. Package includes two nights in a lakefront room, one day of skiing at Heavenly, a couples chocolate Spa treatment and a romantic gourmet mountaintop picnic on a table carved out of snow. $475 per person through Feb. 28. www.skiheavenly.com
- (Black) Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend Package at Keystone. Stay slopeside at Keystone for $159 (studio condo). Includes skiing under the lights at night, yoga classes, a free bottle of wine at Paisano’s during your romantic dinner plus a 15 percent off coupon at Keystone Jewelers for girls who like black diamonds as much as the real deal. Valid Feb. 14. www.keystoneresort.com
- A deal Families Will Love: Kids Fly, Ski and Ride Free: Book your vacation by Feb. 28 and your kids will fly free on American Airlines into Vail/Eagle County airport, ski free (one-day kids lift ticket) at either Vail or Beaver Creek and get a free ride from the airport to your lodging on Colorado Mountain Express (with qualifying adult purchase). Dates of travel are now through March 31 on certain days of the week with a minimum stay of two nights. 866-668-8245 (KFF code).
- Super Sundays - Sunday Sleepovers: Extend your weekend and avoid the traffic with $79 Sunday night stays at Breckenridge and Keystone throughout the season. Limited availability. Sunday Sleepovers are also available for select properties at Vail and Beaver Creek. www.RockResorts.com.
About Vail Resorts
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading of mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resort properties at the Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone mountain resorts in Colorado, the Heavenly Ski Resort in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties across the United States and the Caribbean. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.